I am John Locke but I act like Jack Shepard. Jack’s the rational guy. John’s the man of faith…
I’m trying, Ringo, I’m trying real hard to be the Shepherd (“Pulp Fiction”). Ironically, I AM Jack Shepherd – the logical guy – but I WANT to be the man of Faith – John Locke. Each hero wants to save their charges, but each takes a vastly different tact. If you’ve never seen “Lost” then I implore you to watch the latest episode of LOST, then rent/buy the whole series (and send it to me as I really dig this series).
Each character represents an aspect of humanity:
- John Locke – FAITH. The greater good no matter what RATIONALITY says
- Jack Shepherd – RATIONALITY. The EXPLAINING regardless of the MIRACLES
- Kate – FEMININE stillness/power balancing MASCULINE action/fear
- Sawyer – SELFISH (not/and SELFLESS) compassion
- Sun – YIN sacrificing for YANG
- Jin – YANG sacrificing for YIN
- Hurly – Pure INDULGENCE living life to the fullest – yet understanding the harmony of LIFE
- Sahid – SACRIFICE for the greater GOOD
- Ben – MANIPULATION for the greater GOOD
There are many other characters, each representing an aspect of human nature. Watch it, then watch it again from a broader perspective. Each character represents a part of our humanity. Most people identify with ONE character. The wise person identifies with ALL.
I’m not there yet -The truth is:
“I’m trying, Ringo, I’m trying real hard to be John Locke.” … (more)
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy
It's Time Let Go
Imagine I have only seven days left to live.