GUM SPRINGS CAMPGROUND, OUTSIDE WINNFIELD, LA–My belief is that the easiest way to wake up is to:
- See and experience how wonderful enlightenment feels.
- See how the illusion of a Personal Self sucks (see below).
- Naturally drop the sucky Personal Self because you’re sick of it.
Why The Personal Self (You) Sucks
- You rarely see the beauty of reality.
- In fact, reality often sucks.
- Having to work sucks.
- Bosses suck.
- Being humiliated by a sucky boss sucks.
- Staying at work because you don’t know what will happen next sucks.
- The future is ominous.
- The present isn’t good enough.
- The past sucks.
- The past was great but now it’s gone and that sucks.
- You’re too fat.
- You’re too thin.
- You’re hair is too thick, thin, kinky, curly or straight.
- You’re hair is too gray. Way too gray.
- Getting old sucks.
- Death is scary.
- Hell is even scarier.
- Are you going to hell?
- Heaven sounds really boring.
- You ARE going to hell.
- You are a failure.
- You can’t do that because you tried before and you sucked at it.
- You hate to fail.
- Failure sucks.
- You hope no one ever finds out when you _____ed the ______.
- You regret it that you _____ed so-and-so.
- And now you feel guilty because you’re thinking about when you ____ed so-and-so.
- You worry about things that haven’t even happened yet.
- You know it’s going to happen though. You just know it.
- You need more stuff.
- You never have enough stuff.
- The stuff you have isn’t good enough.
- The stuff you have doesn’t feel as good as it used to.
- This computer sucks. You need a new one.
- New computers are such a pain to set up though.
- And you just got this computer set up the way you wanted it.
- Computers suck.
- Look at all that old computer equipment you have in that drawer.
- All this stuff is smothering you and that sucks.
- You have way too much stuff.
- Your love life sucks too.
- You want a more attentive lover.
- You want a lover who satisfies your every need.
- Your lover doesn’t love you enough.
- Your lover is way too selfish.
- Why does love feel so needy?
- Your lover keeps breaking your heart.
- Heartbreak sucks.
- You deserve a better lover.
- Love sucks.
- You suspect people think you are a lousy mother, father, sister, brother, and/or friend.
- People just don’t understand you.
- They keep judging you.
- Your lousy, good-for-nothing lover keeps judging you too.
- Being judged sucks.
- People suck.
- This post sucks.
- Wayne sucks for making you feel like a loser.
- Wayne’s a loser.
- Judging others doesn’t feel so hot either.
- Well, a little bit, but now you feel guilty again.
- You’re such a lousy example of a human being.
- If only the world revolved around you, you won’t have to worry what anyone thought.
- The world SHOULD revolve around you.
- Why doesn’t the world revolve around you?
- If they’d just listen to you, then the world wouldn’t suck so much.
- It sucks that nobody listens to you.
- People suck, they don’t listen to you, and a lot of them are out to get you.
- The world if full of terrorists, murderers, rapists, child molesters, and meanies.
- And all of them are out to get you.
- Well, you’re sure some of them are out to get you.
- Did you lock the front door?
- Fear sucks.
- You shouldn’t be afraid.
- You SHOULD be afraid because there is danger everywhere.
- Pit bulls hate you.
- All spiders are poisonous and want to kill you.
- Drug addicts are going to break into your house and steal all your stuff.
- Life is dangerous.
- You’re born, you get good stuff which is taken from you, your hair turns gray, and you die.
- Life is meaningless.
- Life sucks.
Once you wake up–once you drop the illusion of the personal self–none of the above will ever bother you again.
The personal self is just a thought gone awry. It is just a fantasy–a persistent fantasy–but just a fantasy nonetheless.
The personal self is not real. And it is causing you a world of suffering.
And that sucks.
December 16, 2009 5:56 PM: Added a video, Dropping the Personal Self, to the videos page (Wayne).
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy