SANDIA CASINO, ALBUQUERQUE, NM—This month I’ve been hit with lots of little troubles:
- A leak in a propane line under my rig. “Fixed” by applying JB Weld.
- The propane gas switch (to switch between tanks) suddenly stopped working. “Fixed” by just using the longer hose I had “mistakenly” bought months ago which reaches the second tank without having to swap them out.
- The heater core on my truck started leaking coolant (the smell that I mistook for a dying transmission). “Fixed” by bypassing the heater core altogether.
- The logic card in my computer fried, displaying a test signal and rendering the laptop useless. “Fixed” by buying another computer.
- All my photos from last month were lost. “Fixed” by saying, “Oh well” and giving you an image from my archives.
The mind tries to make your troubles much larger than they are. It shouts, “Listen to me! This is serious!” It tries to make your troubles personal.
Minds are sooo dramatic.
As morbid as this may sound, keeping your impending death constantly in mind—your physical death—and focusing on you-as-a-Soul, will greatly ease your burdens and put your troubles into a much more “civilized” perspective.
Making friends with Death sounds morbid and dark—I know—but it works wonders.
Please help me get published
For my next book, I'll be submitting to traditional publishers. Unfortunately, in a publisher's eyes, the author's platform (number of readers/followers) is just as important as the manuscript itself. You can help in my endeavor to find a publisher by simply using one of the share buttons below to add this blog post to your favorite social networking page and thus sharing it with your friends ("Likes" really don't help that much). I sincerely appreciate your show of support. Thank-you. ---Wayne