OASIS SP, NM—With my belt tighter by three notches (and with some new holes drilled into it), I’ve started the actual writing part of writing a diet book. As I’ve mentioned previously, writing a book is a lot easier than you’d probably suspect.
Simply keep breaking it down until you’ve got a bunch of tiny little pieces.
- I started with a mind map to gather and organize all my thoughts.
- I then outlined the main subjects which would later become chapters.
- I further broke each subject/chapter down into topics.
- I then broke the topics down into individual points I wanted to cover.
- I write a first draft of each point, which rapidly expands to a topic, which expands to a chapter.
- I revise very little at this stage, just write and write and write.
- When I realize I need to expand on a concept somewhere, I just add a node to the outline, attach a note with my thoughts, and get back to that later.
Little by little, it all starts to come together.
Pretty soon, you’ve got a first draft of an entire book.
Please help me get published
For my next book, I'll be submitting to traditional publishers. Unfortunately, in a publisher's eyes, the author's platform (number of readers/followers) is just as important as the manuscript itself. You can help in my endeavor to find a publisher by simply using one of the share buttons below to add this blog post to your favorite social networking page and thus sharing it with your friends ("Likes" really don't help that much). I sincerely appreciate your show of support. Thank-you. ---Wayne