LAFAYETTE, LA—As I mentioned in the previous post, there are a few things/topics/concepts that have been calling me, and in which I intend to dig deeper during my upcoming solitary retreat.
Some of these are:
- What goes on in the head is not important.
- Adyashanti’s concept of No-Self (vs enlightenment/transcendent Self) and do I even want this. Is it worth giving up God/Her? Note: My description of some of his terminology was incorrect. He basically has three levels of spiritual development: Ego (the personal self), Transcendence (what most call “enlightenment” and where I am at (no ego/personal self, but still a Self/Witness/Unity/God)), and lastly No-Self (even the Witness/God falls away).
- Meister Eckhart’s complete surrender to God.
- Meaning to these travels. Is there something I should be doing in these towns I travel to?
- Clarification of my message. What do I stand for?
Though it may seem like I’m going to try to figure these things out with analysis and logic, that isn’t what I intend. I intend to focus on a topic, expand (release my self boundaries), surrender my will (“I want/I don’t want”) and sit quietly while listening for Her whispers/guidance/insights.
That’s why the solitude is so important: Less distractions mean more focus; quiet surroundings amplify Her whispers; and natural settings increase the intimacy/connection between us (Her and I).
What can I say? I know it’s weird but this is what works for me.
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy
It's Time Let Go
Imagine I have only seven days left to live.