September 29, 2015 5:05 PM
Here’s an updated version of the Map of Identity. While I find maps useful, I’m not a cartographer. I’m not into sitting in a dark room, gathering a lot of data from a lot of explorers and consolidating it into the perfect, most useful map ever. My maps are what I sketch out by actually going out into the world and exploring. Not 100% accurate, but they’ll show me that if I head north up the coast, I’ll find a nice protected bay with fresh water springs and hot women, and if I turn south down the coast, I’ll find these sweet islands where the natives are friendly and the daiquiris are cool and refreshing. In other words, my maps aren’t about abstract terrain features as much as they are about the lived experience.
Here are the new features that became apparent when I was fleshing out the outline for the new book:
- I, the Shadow: I forgot about this (Shadow’s are tricky that way). The Shadow is all about repressing any memories that it doesn’t think you can handle.
- I, the Sage: The Sage is all about integrating paradoxes (the Absolute and the Relative, Unity and Separation, Witness and the witnessed). I kept trying to include this in I, the Mystic, but realized that integration is a completely separate issue than what the Mystic is all about (getting to know TaoGodHer).
- The Three Realms: It turns out, there was a definite pattern to these levels/phases…
- The Hell Realm: This is where all the suffering takes place.
- The Limbo Realm: You’re done with suffering, but you’ve not yet discovered TaoGodHer.
- The Divine Realm: TaoGodHer becomes an intimate part of your life.
Once again, don’t get too caught up in the Map—don’t be a cartographer (unless you want to be). Read your maps, get to know them, then pack them away and head out into the world without them. It’s in having-a-direction-but-stumbling-around-on-your-own (which is exactly what I did and still do) where all the beauty and wonder and magic occurs.
You’ll never meet a friendly giant in the cartography room, nor will you be guided to two brothers mourning a third by studying the contour lines and mileage scales. You’ll never meet your Frog Master inside your house. The simple fact is, you’ll never have these life altering experiences by pouring over the adventures of others. Study your maps—get to know them—then roll them up, put them away, and go out into the world and explore for yourself.
Because it is out there in the world where She awaits. She wants you out there with Her.
It’s out there in the real world where She patiently waits to guide you.
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy