March 8, 2016 6:08 PM
I’ve said it a million times, “The less there is of you….”
The easiest way to become “less” is to dig out your Shadow assumptions—assumptions you unconsciously made years ago. Assumptions which still affect you in consistently negative ways. When you dig out these assumptions, examine them, and see how foolish they are… it is like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. You become less.
Take a little quiet time to reflect on your life and ask yourself, “What don’t I like about the way I act?”
The reasons don’t matter. All that matters is to dig out the assumption that is driving these unconscious actions.
Two formats to help in the discovery of these assumptions:
- “I don’t like that I am TRAIT, but I am this way because otherwise POSSIBLE BAD THING.”
- “BAD THING unless EXTREME THING”
- I don’t like that I am SO TOUGH, but I am this way because otherwise PEOPLE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME.
- PEOPLE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME unless I’M TOUGH.
- I don’t like that I am ALONE, but I am this way because otherwise I WON’T GROW SPIRITUALLY.
- I WON’T GROW SPIRITUALLY unless I’M ALONE.
See how silly those assumptions were? They consistently screwed up my life. But once I saw them for what they were—my Shadow’s desire to protect me—then I could relax them. Once they were conscious, they didn’t affect me unconsciously.
Once you dig out an assumption WRITE IT DOWN. Seriously, Shadow assumptions are sneaky. They’ll slip right back into your unconscious as soon as you start doing something else.
Once you’ve written it down, now you can look at it and see just how silly it is. You’ll realize that you don’t have to be so extreme about whatever is troubling you, that you can find a middle ground.
Once you realize how silly your Shadow assumption was, you’ll feel that weight just fall off and before you know it, there will be less of you.
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy