March 22, 2016 10:12 AM
After posting yesterday’s post, I went for a walk with the thought, “Reading that (the Divine sometimes speaking through me) people must think that I think I’m special.”
So as I walked, I contemplated this. “Do I think I’m special?”
A half hour later, I came to the conclusion, “No, this is just my day-to-day experience.” My experiences (both inner and outer) are different than most, but they aren’t special—they are just my daily perceptions.
Then I realized, because I simply relate my day-to-day life like it is, well, my day-to-day life, this attitude is probably why my message isn’t more popular.
All the popular spiritual teachers—the one’s who are getting their message out—appear special.
I don’t know if they think they are special, but their websites and media materials certainly imply they are. Right? I’m not going to diss anyone directly, but go to any popular spiritual teacher’s website and you’ll see their “specialness.” Humble as they might appear, these teachers approve their web presence and media materials, so they are consciously condoning and encouraging the “I’m different than you are—I’m special” impression.
[Pausing to think this through.]
- By the spiritual teachers not revealing their boring, day-to-day lives (not being transparent), this helps support the impression they are special (glowing, blissful beings).
- Impressing others with being a glowing, blissful being (appearing special) encourages others to talk about you and share your posts and spread your message.
- Am I angry about this?
- Am I jealous about this?
- I am discouraged by this. That to get your message out into the world—out in a way that actually makes a difference in society—you apparently have to lie by omission. You have to hide your “normality” and reveal only the “glow and bliss” side. (Seth Godin spoke of this exact dilemma.)
- “Why do you want to make a difference?” She asks.
- My Mind responds, paraphrasing Dave, “She made you, She doesn’t need your help.”
- My Heart responds, “She is you. You are Her help. More Ego = Less Love. The world is hell because of this—because big egos (me-me-me-me!) translates into a selfish, uncaring, society. Wouldn’t your message, Less Ego = More Love, make the world a better place?”
I don’t have the answer. This has been my personal conundrum for years and I still don’t have the answer.
But this is a blog—an online diary—not a book, so I’m OK sharing my unresolved demons.
I’m a man of faith. I’ll just have to wait for the mud to settle.
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It contains everything you need in order to wake up to enlightenment, inner peace, and unconditional love.
This book was seven years in the making. It contains pretty much everything I know about enlightenment and the mystical realms beyond.