April 20, 2017 10:01 AM
I had an outline for Love and Enlightenment but I wasn’t happy with it. It felt too… forced.
Then I had the insight to treat it like a Hero’s Journey…
Two endpoints: From Self-Hatred to Self-Love. Now what are the steps in between?
And it came together in less than an hour.
My outlines rarely survive the first draft, but for those interested, here’s what I (She/We) came up with this morning:
- You hate yourself. Why fix something that isn’t broken?
The Spiritual Search Begins (Search for Happiness)
- It’s all about finding happiness
Self as an Illusion (Theory, Ideal)
- First learning of self as a story
Self as the Enemy
- Felt sense of self stands in the way of our happiness
- Self boundaries collapse.
Love Felt, but Rejected
- Radiant Love
- Rejected b/c we were taught this is an object in our awareness.
- Must go deeper
Lack of Motivation
- Enlightenment doesn’t work too well with the real world.
Arise of the Siddhis
- Yeah, don’t get attached, but…
- Why do they keep happening?
- Pattern: More Self = Less Siddhis. Less Self = More Siddhis.
- Implications of the Siddhis
- Miracle Log
- Less Self = More Divine
- Encouragement to become Less
- Why does Divine act this way?
The Heart Opens
- Siddhis as a gift of appreciation
- Love Acknowledged
- Love Felt
- Radiant Love
- Still conflict with real world.
- I will surrender completely to Divine
- Constant failure
- How can Divine experience Herself without you?
Self as Divine Gift to the Seeker
- Every moment is a gift from Divine
Self as Gift to the Divine
- Conscious awareness is a gift TO Divine
- Everything you’ve ever done, you’ve done from Love
- Mostly a Love of your Self
- Acknowledge Love of Self
- Acknowledge Love AS the Divine
Afterword: Nirvikalpa Samadi
- Awareness AND Love
- Formless Awareness—Nirvikalpa Samadhi | Wayne Wirs
It's Time To Wake Up
Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being is a step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond.
It's Time To Be Happy