A slight revision to my Path of Mystical Oneness:
- The Mortal Level: You as a personal story
- The Soul Level: You as an eternal, individual consciousness
- The Radiant Level: You as an opening for the Divine
- The Emptiness Level: You with no boundaries or separation
- Mystical Oneness: Not a level, but the union of all levels
The Emptiness Level (what I was calling Oneness) is what the majority of nondual teachers mean by enlightenment.
Since most spiritual teachers believe in an all-or-nothing approach (“You’re either enlightened or you’re not”), they imply that Emptiness is “good” and the Mortal Level (the only other level they recognize) is “bad”.
They believe that the Mortal level must be dropped.
This is simply not the case.
What has been clarifying over the past few months (from around The Paradox and up through Mortal Level Pain) is that each level is an aspect of the whole, the union of which leads to Mystical Oneness (or Oneness if She hasn’t revealed Herself to you yet).
Just laying a foundation here. Nothing has really changed in what I’ve been saying for years, but the clarification has some implications—implications which I’ll delve into soon.