April 27, 2017 3:55 PM
From the upcoming book… … Read more…
January 8, 2017 2:47 PM
Every new year I go through the previous year’s photos. Here are my favorites from 2016.
You may not see it, but I can tell I was distracted by the book. Some good one’s though.
With a couple medical appointments in Cottonwood over the next couple weeks, I’m headed in that direction. Plus I want to shoot some videos for the book in Sedona. With the cooler (colder) weather, I’m hoping Sedona isn’t too crowded (the noise of OHV’s roaring by kind of takes away from the spiritual vibe).
[End Of Message]
January 26, 2016 6:40 PM
I don’t remember this guy’s name. Two weeks ago, he had asked me to sit outside my van at the RTR while he filmed some “B-roll” shots for a movie he was making about people who live out of their cars. After the shot, I was admiring his camera and was showing him mine (unfortunately, his is bigger). … Read more…
January 3, 2016 4:07 PM
Some things that may or may not interest you:
- I’ve posted my Favorite Photos of 2015. To see my picks for other years, hover over the Favorite Photos menu option above.
- I’ve been playing around with my new GoPro Camera that I got for Christmas (thanks Mom!). Not only will I be using it for videos (soon), but it has some interesting features such as time lapse exposures (ala this shot), uber wide-angle lens (above), and remote operation via your smart phone (this shot).
- I finished the first draft on the Soul Evidence portion of the book. I still have some personal experiences to write about and to summarize the evidence, but I’m through with the self-imposed roadblock.
- Margaret had an interesting comment on writing and fear. While my procrastination wasn’t fear-based (nor has it been in years), it definitely used to be, particularly when I was writing Fading Toward Enlightenment, which was my first foray into “confessional spirituality.”
- I’ll be heading to the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous later this week. It will be my first one (though I’ve tried numerous times in the past). If you’ll be attending, stop by and say, “Hi.”
December 6, 2015 2:59 PM
Alain had written that he had had a few, brief “no mind” experiences and was wondering if I had a more effective technique than the vipassana method (meditating while focusing on the breath).
I’ve never liked the hit-or-miss nature of meditation, so I prefer and recommend a more active, hands-on approach. My response is also the technique I use to find subjects to take photos of. … Read more…
September 18, 2015 8:51 AM
As I sat in a little local coffeehouse contemplating a route through eastern Oregon, I downloaded and played with Snapseed, an iPhone/iPad app for editing photos (see my first attempt above). One of my fantasies is to wander around the country like Jack Reacher with nothing but the clothes on my back and an iPhone or iPad in my pocket, but I couldn’t figure out how to make good qualities photos… until now. Hmm… I can see the possibilities. … Read more…